Thursday 23 April 2020

Back to basics

I am still working, from home, and still be paid, forever grateful for this. Fahed isnt working but should be getting furloughed hopefully at some point. Jamal and his girlfriend are living here during lock down.

So we have less money coming in but I am feeding more adults.

However I do have loads more time on my hands. Still working full time but not driving from place to place and wasting hours each week. So I have time to run through my budget and do a bit of sorting out. I'll crack on with that today.

I am not spending my pocket money on exercise classes, weekly lunch out with co-workers, new work clothes etc so I have more cash available.

Oh and still meal planning.

Monday - Leftovers (from carb fest day - even better). A few slices of HM pizza each and side of various salads.
Tuesday - Freezer surprise! Using up a few things which had been frozen!
Wednesday - Fahed has horta (steamed greens served cold with lemon and olive oil in the Greek way). Jamal and I had cauliflower cheese. Sam had a tin of soup as she isnt so much of a veg person.
Thursday - Jamal made us chicken Kiev with chicken breasts. Had mine with sweetcorn and a jacket spud. It was more like just garlic chicken than Kiev, so a good excuse to practice more.
Friday - Biftekia and oven potatoes
Saturday-Lemon chicken (cant wait!)
Sunday - Roast Beef, roast potatoes, mushy peas, broccoli, sprouts.

Fahed is spending the time to really sort out his shed, so that will mean he can find things instead of buying new for little jobs about the place. I am counting this as a win.

Take care all xxx

2 comments:

  1. And you haven't put a price on Fahed's head yet so you are doing well my friend....:)

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...