Tuesday 21 April 2020

New normal

I was reading an article this morning about the various strains of coronavirus. In Europe we have the deadliest strain, which has made its way to New York. It seems to be an ever changing foe, as these new strains have evolved since it left China. I am not going to worry, its outside of my sphere of influence. Once upon a time I would have worried but I have got to the place where, on the whole, I cant step back if I cant do anything. Focus inside of your sphere of influence. For me I think feeding the family and taking care of dad is the centre of my current universe.

What will we be like after this? All back to normal? or changed for the better? or worse. Apparently China very much business as usual now. I would like to hang on to people knowing and appreciating the home at the centre of their lives, family, community, slowing down a bit, appreciating others. There are plenty of positives in our situation. And that's not to say that I don't think that the 16,000 death in the UK in unimportant because that's 16,000 grieving families. 

Also masks! So we shouldn't use masks because it gives us a false sense of security, so we might get closer to someone than we should, unless they are surgical masks and we should leave those for medical people. But when we come out of lockdown then we might need to wear them. Some countries have it compulsory and some forbidden. As far as i can see they don't stop you catching the virus but they might stop you passing it on. So i think I might see if i can find some sensible online instructions. I assume the actual fabric does little and i shall need someway of inserting filters or...something.

And Kim @outmywindow I am still reading regularly but I cant comment anymore :(. So just wanted to say hi xx

Today Fahed is giving my bike a bit of a service, hopefully today. If there are no cars on the road then I might as well take advantage.

Lastly one of my favourite things at the moment is TV folk making programmes at home on their mobile phone or generally working from home. I missed this today but Martin CLunes forgetting he had an interview and rocking up in PJs and with his puppy for his interview is excellent!



5 comments:

  1. Hello Lizzie. It's Cathy from Still Waters here.
    I think there are gremlins in lots of blogs at the moment. I've been reading yours for a very long time (when finance and saving for retirement was your main topic) but haven't been able to comment for what seems like years.
    It's hard to imagine life in the near future, guess we'll just have to take it slowly and see what is in store for us all
    Take care - we've been told not to bother with masks down here in Australia......unless you are unwell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah how lovely to hear form you. I always read your blog but same problem, cant comment. And when i get comments on here then they no longer email to tell me. It must be something I am doing wrong. I write comment and then instead of loading it just disappears. We were told yesterday social distancing to end of year, so i feel masks will be in use at that point.

      Delete
  2. Yeah - it actually went through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why you can't comment. I miss you. I just have to be thankful every day for my home and my safety. I worry about you and the people around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its weird. Although i do have extra time on my hands now so will try a few things like changing my browser. Miss you too! And just read about your new grand daughters, Many congratulations xxx
      Take care and stay safe xx

      Delete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...