Monday 14 April 2014

Mortgage repayments


Since we borrowed quite a bit of extra money to buy the land for our house in Crete, and then still more to actually build it, I have quite a bit of mortgage debt to get rid of before I can think of retiring.

I discovered this free and rather natty calculator last week and having been running endless scenarios.

I think I may have a plan!  I especially like this model as it allow for variable over payments and also for an offset. Plus you can split the debt if you have different bits of mortgage at different interest rates.

I have included a link in case anyone else is thinking of doing the same thing.


http://spreadsheet.locostfireblade.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...