I did a few frugal things to make me happy!
- Signed up for audible. Might seem an odd thing to do if you are sensible with money but Fahed is dyslexic, so all of his books need to be audio books. They can be pretty pricey. So this way we get a book, to keep forever, every month for £7.99. If the book he wants is cheaper then we could just buy it but not many audio books are some are an absolute fortune!
- I have printed off 12 months of single months planning sheets as Jamal and I are planning to plan! Specifically menu plan but also what people are up to and especially times they wont want to be fed. Honestly you would think there were twenty of us the fuss we are making about sorting ourselves out but its only three, or sometimes five, and occasionally 8. Oh yes, I see why it gets complicated.
- Back on my diabetic medication and i feel fantastic, except for constantly tired, arms aching etc but hey ho. I am thinking positive thoughts. Also being medicated means all of my prescriptions are free. Not that i need any prescriptions apart from the one which makes it free but next time i need something then i guess I am ready.
- I cut all my hair off! Well and truly. Surely that a shampoo and conditioner save and well as hair colour?
- I don't contribute to my employers pension scheme anymore, as my employers are thoughtless and selfish and don't care about staff loyalty, oh wait I mean, because my employers cant afford to keep it going (utter nonsense, don't kid someone who actually works in the finance team). If I retire at 60 then I get £10k a year less than if i wait until ages 65. But i just realised, durr, that its about claiming not about retiring, because I am not putting any more in. If i retire but dont claim then its still good. So those five years could be pretty tight!
- I made approx 2 gallons of passata from my and my dads spare tomatoes. And it tastes fantastic. We'll be cooking with that over the next few months for sure
Oh and in the interests of full disclosure so bad news too!
- An old debt I didnt know I had came out of the woodwork from somewhere. I studied it, checked it and basically did everything to avoid acknowledging that it is ours but I think it truly is, so I have made a payment plan with them. i'll overpay it but its nice to h ave a plan in place. I hope i don't have too many surprises in store for myself :(