It'll all be fine after holidays wont it? I just need a rest? oh and I have a cold. But not an awful one, so I am still doing better than the rest of the family so why so whiny!
Lets concentrate on some money saving things I have done this week and see if i cant pump up the positive today!
- Booked our car hire for the holiday and saved 200 euro by buying the 'excess insurance' separately. I wouldn't have known this was a possibility if it wasn't for www.moneysavingexpert.com. Martin knows everything!
- My doctor sent me for x-rays at Winchester. Not sure how much this saved against havng to pay for x-rays if we didn't have the lovely NHS but it was quick and efficient and ill get my analysis by net Friday.
- Got a text from my surgery also telling me to come in for my free flu jab.
- Loads of tomatoes from my dad and from us too actually. We seem to have over-planted. I am making a concentrated sauce with them and onion, olive oil and garlic. Four tubs in the freezer and am expecting plenty more.
- Started up some rhubarb gin for Christmas with my own rhubarb
- Shipped a load of stuff out to Crete from here, to replace the stolen stuff. We have a lot less duplicates here now and I sorted the box sizes for the shipping to maximise what we could take for the money.
- Bought some fancy boots from ebay. Brand new and still have the sticker on the bottom which says £85, paid £20 and some of that was covered from sales.
- Jamal has decided to ask our neighbour if we can grow veg in his garden. This may sound a bit weird but Tom next door is always bemoaning having a garden and what a nuisance cutting the grass every few months is! he he. They are away in the caravan at the moment and go for a couple of months at a time. We are sort of hoping we can negotiate a patch of his garden and in return Jamal keeps the rest of his grass short, or something. I don't know when we can ask and I don't know when he will come back but its something for the future.
Well its not a ton of things but its getting somewhere.
Happy Sunday xxx