Thursday 24 January 2008

What do you eat in a week?

I came across this on the whilst browsing this evening. Fairly thought provoking. We spend about £50 per week to feed 4 adults, 2 cats and a bird ( I have say the bird doesn't actually eat much of this amount. I know £50 is around $100us and pretty similar $aus, but I am not sure of the actual buying power comparison. I have read this week that the $us and £ are about the same in buying power. Happy to receive a correction from anyone that knows of course. For a comparison a chicken,not especially large, would be about £3.5 here & a loaf of sliced wholemeal bread 99p.I don't buy 'value 'foods unless they are pretty good but on the other hand I don't buy convenience foods so that is a saving. Well I do buy some convenience foods like bread, as opposed to making it, tinned tomatoes for cooking and baked beans, but I don't normally buy actual pre-prepared meals.

The Egyptian picture looks the most appealing to me.

By the way Hot & SPicy cooking class scored another hit tonight. We had beef in oyster sauce (should of used best steak but I used stewing beef but marinaded it in white vinegar and soy sauce first and its now really tender.)and another hot chicken dish. There is plenty left for tomorrow so its not too expensive even though we cook two dishes each week. Kids are not intersted in take away any more! Yaay,success.




Italy: The Manzo family of Sicily
Food expenditure for one week: 214.36 Euros ($260.11)



Germany: The Melander family of Bargteheide
Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros ($500.07)



United States: The Revis family of North Carolina
Food expenditure for one week: $341.98



Mexico: The Casales family of Cuernavaca
Food expenditure for one week: 1,862.78 Mexican Pesos ($189.09)



Poland: The Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-Jeziorna
Food expenditure for one week: 582.48 Zlotys ($151.27)



Egypt: The Ahmed family of Cairo
Food expenditure for one week: 387.85 Egyptian Pounds ($68.53)



Ecuador: The Ayme family of Tingo
Food expenditure for one week: $31.55



Bhutan: The Namgay family of Shingkhey Village
Food expenditure for one week: 224.93 ngultrum ($5.03)



Chad: The Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp
Food expenditure for one week: 685 CFA Francs ($1.23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...