I love a really naughty sweet called Tablet. I only buy it once a year, on holiday, because it is so so naughty but today I stumbled across a recipe on the net. The receipe is for Scottish tablet but I buy Cornish tablet on holiday and its seems to be about the same to me.
1 teacup of milk
Large tin of condensed milk
900g of sugar
100g of butter
Maw Boron fee the Sunday Post has published a cookbook full of her favourite Scottish and family recipes.
Tablet Cooking Directions:
1. Melt the butter and sugar. Add the condensed milk and the teacup of milk.
2. Stir and turn up the heat and keep stirring until it reaches boiling point.
3. Turn the heat down low and stir for 45 minutes (chair and book optional!)
4. Remove from the heat and beat 60 times with a wooden spoon. Put a wee bit on a plate and if it sets then it's ready to be put onto the shallow trays.
5. Score the tablet surface marking into squares and allow to set and get cold.
I cant work out how to link to the cookbook which is mentioned because a)I am not very good at it and b) the link just doesnt seem to be there. However I think that if you search Amazon for Maw Boron then it would get you there.
Because this happens to me a lot I am going to set up a list of good books on Amazon and link to it, then I can just add the new goodies.