Hellloooo

So how has it been going? All the things I was worrying about and planning?

Busy week but things are improving. Next week is the second to last board meeting i have to attend and a 300 mile drive to a meeting but otherwise work is starting to be enjoyable and not quite so mad. That's good for me. I love my job but sometimes not enough!

My job is safe so nothing much to worry about (but I did anyway), Old job is redundant on 30th June, new job starts 1st July, hopefully at the same salary.

I had my hair cut but I don't think it looks any better. I need a new idea or to try a new stylist.

New knickers! Done but as expected don't feel any better. As always material possessions are no cure for anything.

New glasses - yes and bloody expensive. However they are brill and its like having new eyes, so all good.

New laptop. Yes, I gad a cute little Dell mini for my birthday. He is called Rupert and is adorable. Came from Dell outlet and was a bargain at £140. Hmmm, so maybe a material possession can make you feel better sometimes. He is lovely.

Travel plans. Summer break is booked and paid for and we are making plans for a holiday which is enjoyable but also quite a bit of work as we want to work on the house. Maybe I can consider renting it out after the landscaping is complete. The out doors is too dangerous at the moment and potential visitors could easily fall to their death. Not a good selling point. We are also looking at cheap flights for a late year visit to friends in Sardinia.

Improved work life balance means happier Lizzie. Tomorrow is housework day and gardening day. Happy Days

Comments

  1. New knickers usually cheer me up. I should get some. Rupert is very cute. I should name my netbook.

    Oh and I need an English lesson. What is 'brill'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its weird but its true. New knickers are good. I dont normally name inanimate object but he looked like a Rupert when I opened the box. Also i thought i had ordered gecko green so he was as surprise as well.
    Just means brilliant( as in super good not as in shiny). I like that pants mean to different things to us both. When Hilary Clinton said she went through the election in ten pairs of black pants I was just thinking that is too much information to share!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment