Friday 30 March 2012

Doh!

I am going to dwell on the positive today, really I am.

I am not even going to mention that my car went to the garage and the repair quote was £500. The value of my car is about £150 and it's only that much because it has a full tank of petrol, valued at around £70. But, and this is positive, because of the threatened strike and associated fuel shortages, I do at least have fuel even if the car is on its last legs (wheels).

Parts have arrived for my washing machine, but not yet fitted. Bits of it are all over the floor. Sigh. Dishwasher is not working. Cupboard doors and drawer fronts have not been fitted. So basically, we are totally in chaos. Tomorrow I will do my best to get on top of everything here. I don't enjoy the chaos, it makes me tired before I even start.

If i can improve the state of the kitchen tomorrow then i will make a lovely lemon chicken in the oven. I will just keep focusing on that as I try to get through the day.




Do you like my favourite picture of the moment? It's called Anarchy in the UK

5 comments:

  1. I hope your weekend gets better! Love the picture lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you survived the day? Did you rebel and refuse your tea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!

    As my dad dropped me back at the garage to pick up the (unrepairsed) car he said 'better pop in for a cup before you go home'. Cure for the worlds ills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the picture! love the sheer bloody mindedness of it!!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...