Sunday 4 March 2012

Our new arrival

No, not another baby, I am well past that. Yesterday we acquired Lily, our Bourke's Parakeet. She is very cute.


Not lily but it could be her twin.

She is shy and quiet but already settling in nicely. She has her own cage but I don't really like the idea of cages so one she is feeling properly secure then her cage, like Aces, will be left open unless we have the house doors open for something. To start with they will only be allowed out to fly together when we are home, just to make sure there are no problems. If we can relax then they can have the run of the house. I wont put them in the same cage together but if they choose to be friends then that would be good too. It will be nice for Ace to have some company when all of the people of the house are out.

It is lovely to sit here alone for half an hour and just hear the birds talking to me.

2 comments:

  1. How fun to have birds flying about. I'm sure my dogs would love that...but the birds probably wouldn't like the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend with a dog and indoor flying birds, plus doves in the garden. The dog never actually catches one but you can see in her eyes that she would like nothing better!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...