A Great British Tradtion



Thanks to a lovely Great British tradition (over reacting to snow) I was home by 2.30pm today. I also felt sufficiently virtuous through the sheer act of turning up and doing a bit of work, that I haven;t felt the need to do any real logging on to work type work since I got in.

I felt the universe was suggesting I take an hour to set up my new(ish) computer which I have had since mid December was still in the box. I also sorted through all of my home paperwork that has arrived since last admin day. I actioned and files or just plain filed. It felt good.

Its still only 5pm, the satellite TV isn't working so I can't get bogged own in watching tripe. This computer is upstairs in my cold study so I wont stay on here longer than necessary. So just going to do a couple more things to feel even more virtuous and amazing. Get the laundry done and in the dryer. I don't want to use the dryer but we all got the lurgy when I made the house damp with drying washing everywhere. Then stack and start the dishwasher. Lastly a quite flash around downstairs with the vacuum cleaner.

That means tomorrow no shopping because of snow. I can just do cooking and maybe some craft things, like the sewing I am half way through. The machine is set up in the rather freezing cold conservatory so maybe but maybe not.

Comments

  1. And here the whole country is in the gripes of a massive heat wave. Its been over 40c and much higher in places with all the associated perils - fires still raging in most states, thankfully no human lives lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not something I would be comfortable with although we do have big fires down in Crete where the other house is. You Aussies are a tough bunch, no doubt about it ( I am frightened of snakes too!)
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts