Thursday 24 January 2013

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking ......

I did a 'facing my fear' thing today. I presented at two workshops at our leadership forum conference thingy.

We did the same workshop for an hour for 30 people in the morning, same again mid afternoon. Luckily the post lunch grave yard spot was taken by a famous conductor ( that naturally enough I had never heard off) who was excellent, informative and very entertaining.

What I found helped on this occasion was loads of homework so we knew the subject inside out (Welfare Reform)but we didn't actually script or rehearse it. We even did a bit of role play.

I have been keeping my nerves at bay by just suppressing them with the expectation of a massive panic today. I believe the thorough homework but lack of scripting combo did the trick.

Now I have got this far I want to do more before my nerves have chance to fail me.

1 comment:

  1. You are braver than I! I still have trouble speaking in front of small groups. I don't know if I will ever build up to a whole room.

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...