My 20 ways in 20 days should have been things to make me happy rather than concentrating on money saving efficiency. Never mind, I am sure that anything which makes me more financially efficient will also make me happy, if only by leaving me more cash to do my fun things with. So as I ahve wandered from the path I might just make up my own plan and have 30 things in 30 days. That is if I can think of 30 things and remember to do it!
- Learn to ebay more successfully
- Make an effort to actually put into practice what I have learned (5 items a week minimum until the house is empty!)
- Attend as much of Ahdel's bands gig as possible
- Make an effort to socialise with a friend at least once a week, doesnt need to be 'out' but does need to be fun
- Organise my ebay packing/posting centre so that I am not always late and always putting too much postage on to packages because I dont have time to do it properly
- Re-visit utility costs and see about changing
- Find 8 new one to one students for Fahed
- Book Ahdel on a (very expensive) course to improve his swimming teaching qualifications
- Re-visit all insurances, cars and home,, to see if they are still competitive and when they can be changed without penalty.
- Set up printer with the desktop computer
- Find out when all of the mobile phone contracts expire so that we can
- Get a new Tesco club card - the petrol station that I go to is Tesco Express, although not their fuel unfortunately so I might as well get points on anything else I buy whilst I am there
- Sing up for weekly emails telling me the cheapest local fuel station
- Find details of nectar account and where you can get points
- Ensure I am signed up to get my nectar points on ebay.
- Visit Quidco and see if I am missing anything there
- Spend more time in the garden. Its fun and enjoyable and sometimes the housework can just wait its turn
- Spend more time with Fahed. We work at different times and so its not always easy but we could try harder.
- Find some new series to watch on TV. I think we might be a bit weird as TV viewers as a family. The TV is only on when being actively watched, not just to make noise. When we are watching something which we often do all together, then we don't talk except as we fast forward through the ads or if there is something in the programme to discuss. When someone leaves the room, we pause the TV until they come back. Are we weird?? Discuss
- Make up a calendar of annual renewals so that I know when to start investigating utilities, insurances etc. And why not put birthdays etc on the same calendar as they don't exactly change year on year.
- Make up a list of outstanding jobs on a room by room basis: hopefully it is less daunting than just thinking everything needs doing in every room! Get cracking!
Nine more required.
As it is the second today I need to do at least two to catch up on myself.