So today I have got a few things done, usual list to follow, including sorting out my mending pile. A have fixed a few things, binned a couple of items and left a tricky one for later ) new sleeves fitted under old sleeves on a Christmas posh frock). As I doing doing my mending i noticed that I had to take a new needle form the pack, and then noticed it is the same needle pack I had since my uncle gave me my sewing box when I was 12. He didnt just buy me the actual box but filled it up witha ll sorts of sewing bits and bobs. I played with it for days non stop and am still using most weeks, forty years later. Now that's what I call a gift. . Lots more cotton has arrived but a lot of the basics are still in use and still good. Now I think its time for the sewing box to have a bit of a refurb, as the original cover is splitting. The inside is as good as new. Good old uncle Gordon, he really knew what U was like.
- Made a shepherds pie for dinner and for tomorrow - heavy on the lentils and grated carrot, not just the lamb.
- Mending and sewing
- All the laundry washed, almost dried and will be put away today.
- Final stage of the great paperwork sort out as I file what is left.
- Yet another box of goodies for the charity shop
- I am hovering on the edge of making some jam this afternoon but we shall see.