My youngest son is home, well obviously as we brought him home with us, but home and nesting. Whilst he is studying and at sea its not worth looking for a place of his own so he is sorting out his room here. He is going for the total re-vamp but being one of us its all on a budget and with our own labour
- Wall paper 5 rolls @ just under £6 (its the paintable stuff)
- Ceiling paint (Black - eek!) £13
- Wall paint (Aubergine) £39
- Lighting fitting £40 -reduced
- All new lighting switches, sockets etc £22 in the sale
- Dye for curtains 4 x £5 = £20
- Exisitng bedding - Nil
- Carpet - very good quality but a pricy (by our standards) £200
The transformation is amazing. I cant say it is especially too my taste as very dark. Wood work is not yet painted and the curtain pole is not yet up but i will show you when it is
Total cost £363. A lot of money but for the price its amazing and I think will do him for some years
And I am rather please that he is quite frugal with his purchasing but also managed to go for quality. His father fitted the carpet, His father, brother and brother's girlfriend did/helped with the painting. I was, luckily for me, at work for most of it but I did the running around purchasing.
Well done family, good group effort.