Saturday 8 September 2018

Getting back on top

I treated myself! I think I needed a bit of spoiling and I am just the right person to do it .

So I finally got around to booking the facial my mum wanted to by me for my birthday in June. £16.95 using groupon. I haven’t actually had it but baby steps. I am not sure why I didn’t do it before. It perhaps felt too trivial with all the sadness around me. Anyway now it’s finally book.

Also I decided that my hair needs a slight restyle and lightening up a bit, so am also treating myself there. But I go to a very rhigh asinably priced Salam so shouldn’t be too expensive.

Lastly, and in a break with tradition, I am considering having my nails done!  So not me. But we have a wedding to attend and then a few days later off to the other house for three weeks. I am not completely committed here yet, I’ll only do it if I can get a real bargain but I must say planning treats is fun and I feel treated even if I don’t actually get as far as doing the thing. I guess it’s because I briefly become the focus of my attention.

And then there was a whopping great treat. I bought myself a iPad Pro. With full 3G and all the rest of it. It’s lovely. My old iPad, and I mean old, had got so slow and could only hold a few books etc. This one though, ah, I love it. And it’s full of space so I can have lots of music, books and maybe a movie or two for when we fly.

Today serious housework needs doing, and grass cutting and general tidy up. The house is fine but not it’s usual comfortable, welcoming self so I need to lavish some attention on it today.  

We have a wedding in two weekends time so I must have a good wardrobe sort out and see what would be a good outfit for the wedding. They are lovely kids and nice and quirky so I feel I don’t need to be too dull in my choices.

Ok, let’s get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...