Sunday 28 July 2019

A weekend at home

Fahed cut his foot in the garden last week. Right down to the bone. Eek. He did it with a sharpened spade. So it all became infected as you would expect. Half of his work is poolside and the other is in the water. So for two weeks he could do only poolside. That's his actual job, the lessons int he pool are private so although we shan't have much money next month he doesn't get into trouble for missing work.  So all this is leading to... he has been home with me a lot more in the evenings and Saturdays. So we have being doing all our The Good Life thing plenty. With the allotment now producing and stocking up with veg at the Asian supermarket we have been preserving and fermenting like crazy. We haven't got round to using the the fathers day gift of a smoker yet though.

With all this extra home work time we have all the wood ready for the next stage of the BBQ (for BBQ in this instance read;outside kitchen. It has a BBQ, sink and oven and takes up about 4 metres of my tiny garden.). So now we just need to order a ton of sand and another of gravel to get mixing for the concreting. We have the kids all here to help two weeks today, assuming that the temperature doesn't go back up.

Yesterday he did his four morning hours and was already working outside when i got back from lunch with my dad. He decided his shed/workshop is too over crowded and messy but he isnt really good at getting rid of things. Luckily I am!  All the wood which was actually junk went on the bonfire with the garden waste. I have a pile of stuff to be completed. A pile for the dump and a pile for giving way on Facebook.  We kept busy until time to go back to dads at around 7pm, so I feel like we already had our Sunday at home, and here I am, coffee in hand planning our Sunday of pottering about doing stuff.

So I am sorry Fahed's toe was painful and infected, sorry we missed out of two weeks of extra money from one to one lessons and all that but I had a couple of lovely busy home loving weekends, so yay!

And he is a random picture of the sausages we made (hopefully)


2 comments:

  1. All I read was Fahed cut his foot in the garden right down to the bone and I shuddered. Oh the poor darling. I feel for him and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest son had to be doctor. I can cope with injuries for strangers but I am not so good with loved ones!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...