Saturday 30 November 2019

Almost December

How did that happen. I have been a bit wrapped up in things htis year and missed a year going swiftly by.

Fahed has now had his operation. All went well and he is home but unable to walk, with crutches, any furtehr than the loo. Also somewhat dozy as he is on really strong pain killers. Good news though is that he seems to get some sort of sick pay which is really good. His first certificate runs until 2nd January, when he has his check up.

The allotment is looking good. One of my big hobbies is the allotment that my youngest son and I have. We do the no dig method of Charles Dowding. At the moment we have lots of garlic in, all the herbs and the fruit. The fruit bishes are due for a prube tomorrow morning. Otherwise its all about preparing the beds for action in February.

My house made cheese is still maturing but so far it looks fantastic. As soon as Fahed is vertical again we'll be making some more of both feta and camenbert. I am going on a day course in February to learn a bit more.

Driving up to the hospital every night ( 60 mile round trip) has menat i have missed my exercise classes and got a bit behind on other stuff but now he is home then surely i can get on top of things!

3 comments:

  1. Take care my friend.I admire your positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the surgery is over and went well. Cheese-making sounds interesting and yummy. I've never tried it but I love cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to You, Fahed and family. Enjoy your wonderful cheese and being around loved ones!!!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...