Sunday 24 November 2019

Life update: where things get a little more rosy

I had a bit of a talk to myself about being so down and how it wasn’t really helping anyone etc etc. I also started taking St Johns Wort. Between the two I maybe turned a corner. Has anyone found St John Wort useful?
Fahed has been quite hard work since holiday because he had a date for his nasty knee operation. He is unsettled and doesn’t  really get why and he doesn’t realise talking helps. Anyway, yesterday was knee op day. he had a tribal osteoporosis and the surgeon has said it all went very well. Also they videod the operation to use as a training film. Another doctor is seeing him today as they are studying him. I think because he had one knee down with a bone graft and one without. He’s enjoying that bit I think. He is in much pain but he can cope with that. The operation is behind him and he is the centre of medical attention, so perfect! The hospital is about 30 miles away. I’ll go up when visiting starts at 2 and stay until it closes.

I went on a cheese making course. It was only a single day but it was fantastic! I just want to be a cheesemaker now. I made a goodly chunk of feta and 3 Camembert. They are all maturing nicely. We also learnt about making labneh, which we already made and how to make it into a lovely Boursin type spread. Lastly she showed us how to make  a Baileys Irish cream type drink. Well it wasn’t my thing but the family has gone mad for it so I shall be making that for plenty of people as a little Christmas gift.

Some cheesy photos. Checkout the venue. Very lovely. They provided us with induction hobs and pans which didn’t work with induction hobs. Pretty weird as it’s a purpose built cookery school. Short of a lot of equipment but lovely location and excellent tutor.















No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...