Tuesday 28 April 2020

Flour!

Oh my gosh, I never thought i would be so excited to get hold of flour. The whole country appears to have decided to start baking. Flour and yeast are the two things you cant get anywhere! We have plenty of loo rolls now, plenty of most things but flour very scarce. However i have managed to buy some wholesale. Apparently there is plenty around if you are happy to have 16kg of it. They would normally sell to the restaurants, coffee shops etc that are closed. But they don't have the facility to bag the flour in 1kg bags.  So anyway I now have 16kg of strong bread flour......and another 16kg of plain flour. Which is a lot of flour! Hopefully my yeast turns up soon.

Also our local farm , which sells raw Jersey milk, cream, their own eggs and various vegetables, even their own honey, have started a delivery service. So I might make some cheese this weekend if i can get a delivery in time.

The heatwave is over and we have rain. Which is lovely as it means not dragging endless buckets of water to the allotment for the French beans.

So tomorrow I have two lots of training, online off course. 2 hours each session. Hopefully not too much other work to do as training very tiring in this format.

Also hope to make a pie for lunch. Yay for flour.

And i think i should be thinking about making masks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...