Friday 22 February 2008

Still learning

After writing some 70 blogs I have just realised that I didn't have the comment facility switched on! doh. From now on anyone can comment, sorry about that to anyone who wanted to comment previously. I love hearing from others and would never knowingly shut anyone out.

I am also, apparently & despite spending 8 hours most days on it, still learning with Excel. I cleaned up the spreadsheet that I use for myself (to make them a little more robust) and corrupted them instead. I am just trying to sort them out and then will make them available on here (with Stephens advice). I am also working on a snowball spreadsheet, to help anyone trying to work out what debts to repay first. There are quite a few online but I find them a little complicated so I thought I would try to make something more simple.



On a different subject, this flower is from my friend Margrets beautiful garden. For her Christmas present this year I made her a calendar featuring 12 pictures of her garden. I think she liked it and it was fun to do. Not expensive in money terms but took quite a long time and a lot of thought. I love receiving such presents and hopefully she did too.

I used to love to knit and embroider but for the last few years I have had problems with the joints in my fingers. Even a good sized row of knitting causes me pain and i must rest between rows. However my lovely friends from Sardinia, the ones who are building their own house....from scratch.....including the bricks, have a new baby daughter. For this event I must knit. I can't buy baby clothes for a family who is this at one with the planet. It just wouldn't be right.

So tomorrow, when hopefully we are at the seaside unless the weather is really awful, I will visit a wool shop for a few little balls of wool in white and a light minty green. Strangely my youngest son suggested that I ask my mum how to knit. I am sure he thinks I am teasing when I explain that I made almost of of his baby clothes just 15 years ago (and less).

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lizzie

    Love your idea of a present for a friend.

    Have you tried using Comfrey Cream on your fingers? Mine sieze up sometimes after doing a lot of craft work and using this at night relieves a lot of the problems.

    Ask about it at your health food shop, natural product made from the herb Comfrey
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy
    No, I havn't tried Comfrey Cream. Comfrey is something I associate with nurturing the plants on the allotment. We tried to grow it last year to make a 'comfrey tea' to fertilise the plants. I didn't even realise you could use it for other things. I will certainly be looking out for some now.
    Thanks very much
    LIzzie

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...