Tuesday 11 March 2008

Using Energy = more Energy??

I am hoping life returns to normal soon. The days are so busy at my work that I can't keep all my thoughts in my head some times (most times?). However I have noticed something really strange which has surprised me.

At the moment I start work at around 8am. By the time I get home it is 6 or 7 pm. I alwmost certainly wont have had a lunch break although I will have eaten my lunch during the day (usually night befores left overs - I havn't gone completely to the dogs yet.) When I get home then there are household chores to do but not too many as most wait for the weekend. I cook from scratch most days although we have leftovers pretty often too. After that I have to update the registers for the swim school plus doing any other ordering and keep the accounts up to date.

When the 'home work' and the 'work work' are finished then I need some time to unwind or else I can't sleep for thinking about work. My job isn't stressful. Its actually very fulfilling and enjoyable, there is just a lot of it at the moment.

This week I have slept before midnight and often later and I am waking up at around 6 or 6.30 with quite enough energy to get me through the day.

Today was a 12 hour work day because we had an evening board meeting. However I have been at home an hour now and have just finished sorting out all my 'home work'. I planned to sleep early but don;t seem to be tired enough.

Now I am puzzled. Is this adrenelin keeping me going or have I been over sleeping by insisting to my body that I need 8 hours sleep every night.

Any guidance gratefully received!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...