Saturday 24 October 2009

Cake for Daizy

I received this recipe on a round robin email this week. Good for anyone who needs to be a bit spoilt but really has no time.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla essence
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to your largest mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using), vanilla essence , then mix again.




Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).



You are now only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!


2 comments:

  1. Mmm...looks good. I'm not sure I could get all of those ingredients together in 2 minutes though, or do the 3 minutes of cooking time not count against the 5 minutes? Now I'm confusing myself.

    I have fallen behind on my blog reading. Hopefully I can catch up again in 2 weeks when my other job is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too but its actually great fun cathing up!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...