Tuesday 3 November 2009

Home alone

I don't mind being on my own. Of course not. I spend most of the day alone on a Saturday & Sunday, so I'm used to it. Hmmm. Well its actually a bit different tonight. Husband is still in Syria, obviously. Eldest son has left home but pops back all the time, but not today because they have started a new boat. Youngest son is normally taking care of his mama but tonight he is away with the college, camping out in the wilds. Hope he isn't too cold and wet & he is enjoying himself. I got home from work at around 5.30pm, did some laundry, had leftovers for dinner, watched an episode on Bones on the laptop. Now its 8.30 and I have just phoned my husband, now I am ready for bed!

I always thought I would like to live alone but now I don't think I do. I am going to appreciate everyone a lot more once they come home.

Edited at 11pm to say, just as I was going off to bed my eldest son arrived with his girlfriend & we watched TV together for a couple of hours, with plenty of laughter. It is still bucketing down with rain. He offered to go pick up his brother from wherever he is being washed away but I explained we dont know where he is and anyway its good fro him!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lizzie
    I always felt comfortable with my own company till Dh went away last month and then for some reason I felt really lonely
    Made me think about what it would be like to be on ones own all the time.
    What a shame for your man to lose another person in the family. Take good care of him when he gets back
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living alone has it's ups and downs. I get to control the remote and I don't have to pick up after anyone...except the cat...and dogs. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a bit surprised not to like it more so much. I lived on my own before I got married but i just realised that was 21 years ago.......

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...