Thursday 8 December 2011

First Christmas Dinner - Sign of the times

Do you remember when it was un-cool to use discount vouchers?

One of my teams invited me to early Christmas dinner tonight. Six of us girlies (the term used loosely!) had roasties and followed it by Eton Mess at the local Toby Carvery. It was lovely. We got there pretty early as its quieter and cheaper before seven. Someone turned up with a voucher and everyone was excited rather than embarrassed. Sadly voucher was 5 days out of day but all the same dinner came to £8 each for a full roast of turkey and beef, roast potatoes, sprouts, cauliflower cheese, cabbage, carrots, stuffing. The Eton Mess was meringue, whipped cream and raspberries. Oh, and a little glass of rose.

Tomorrow we have our management meeting all day and the boss is taking us all out to lunch. She is treating us to lunch at Prezzo, the vaguely Italian style chain, and guess why? Because she has a card to get it half price. Do you remember what it was like when people didn't like to use a voucher, especially on a night out with mates. Not anymore I guess.

Even better I was sitting with someone from work tonight who can't see the point of shopping, Sometimes it feels like it is just me but apparently there are others out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...