Food Waste Friday

This is new to me. I am not a waster by nature it helps to be accountable.

This week is my first week and hopefully my worse ever week as I chose to have a bit of a sort out in the pantry, fridge and freezer. Oh, the guilt.

4 freshly frozen sardines - I bought a load and ate half.. They are too small to gut and I cant be happy with the idea of eating them un-gutted

4 instant 'burger in a bun' things which I bought for my son ahead of our holiday - one son can cook but the other one would starve in front of an open fridge. These were too awful even for him so after three months I have accepted they need to go.

2 frozen gluten free crumpets - they were horrid and Fahed would prefer no crumpets to them crumpets..

2 manky bananas - one frozen and one fresh. Couldn't work out how to peel the frozen one and the fresh one just got missed.





FoodWasteFriday

Comments

  1. Love that you're on board with this. I used to take part every week, got down to zero waste, then bad habits crept back in, so I'm taking part again. You;ll be amazed how much the accountability gets you on track. Good luck for next week!

    Warm wishes
    Rae @ zerowasteweek.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Food Waste Friday. I have been participating for a while and have my food waste down to a minimum. However, I should do a freezer and pantry cleanout soon also. I don't think my list will be as small as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Both
    Thanks for the welcome. I will be over visit.
    I am hoping that knowing I must 'fess up to any waste should help me manage it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me of a few things that have been living in my freezer since my parents moved out 6 months ago. A package of Healthy Choice Taquitos that no one wanted the first time and a ready made pie crust that I can't decide what to do with. I wonder if it's still good?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment