- I topped up the larder with a month of the things we cant get at Lidl. Now I don't go to a 'proper' supermarket until after our holiday ends 19th October.
- My first proper Lidl shop in a long time. The salad veggies have got the thumbs up already. I stocked up on chicken as well.
- Jamal bought his 'back to uni' clothing. He has to wear a uniform because of the nature of his course. Mostly it was intact but we stocked up on 'knickers' and new black trousers. All from Asda so not too expensive. By next year I think I don't have to finance these things.
- The guys fitted a new (to us, thank you ebay) glazed wooden door to bottom of the stairs/sitting room. In a normal house this would be the hall but out house is weird and there is no hall downstairs and no landing upstairs, just stairs and doors. In the winter we are warmer in there as we dont lose heat up the stairs.Right now we just dont lose the pre neutereds cats out into the garden.
- Tomorrow we do some garden work. No more shopping!
Saturday, 23 August 2014
My first Saturday since tightening of purse strings was planned.
I am sure anyone who reads will be sick and tired of my bad news stories but this week, or actually last week, is the worst. I saw an emai...
So Fahed’s employers called the staff all to a meeting last week to say they have all been overpaid. yippee. Apparently the system wasn’t wo...
My lovely work friend Trisha had problems with her first chemotherapy session. It was down hill from there. We lost her on Sunday morning. T...