As I was such a muppet with my car insurance I don't feel at all like I have been frugal and sensible this week. I don't think I have finished punishing myself yet. We did manage a few things though and I record them here to get my self back on track.
- Fixed the boiler. It kept going out and our gas man is too busy until after Christmas. We didn't do anything too exciting, just a bit of disassemble, vacuum and reassemble. For the moment we are up and running
- I dyed some old curtains to fit in with the current paint job and will be hanging them in the hallway to stop nasty drafts.
- Home made butternut squash and mushroom soup is currently on the hob, lunch for the first few days of the week
- We fitted a new hard drive to Fahed's lap top, as we seemed to ahve somehow broken the old one. So far so good. We are up and running!
- Flushed with success we are going to fix another dead laptop
- I have ordered a new filter for my Dyson from ebay, The machine is currently in bits, having been seriously cleaned. Not counting any chickens but I may have added a few years to its life.
- I have found two lamp/lampshades in the attic which are to be recycled in the hall and stair area.
- I have found a that someone at my work who is happy tpo take any old craft stuff. If she cant use it herself (unlikely - she is a crafting nut) then she also teaches at Brownies. I get to feel virtuous as I de-clutter
- Our lovely friend Margret made Fahed's favourite cake for his birthday. Schwimbad Torte (eek, spelling). Best cake ever!
So glad I made a list. Feel so much better now!