Saturday 1 August 2015

A small break with tradition

Every week, Friday night or Saturday morning I go off to the shops with my little list.

Last month we bought a bulk meat order up front from the farm & then topped up fruit and veg weekly. I was quite pleased with my spending using this method & all went well. And then it actually went so well that this month there was enough meat left in the freezer to not top up until next month. So I am extra pleased. We are eating more veg with our meals and also more just veg meals. So today is Saturday morning and I am checking my fridge to do my list ensure I don't overpurchase and I can see quite clearly that we need nothing!

I rather think we are just finally learning to eat less.  Yesterday was curry club at work. A bunch of us all make a curry, from scratch, and take it in to share. I made a Thai green vegetable curry and used up a courgette, a carrot, a onion, a yellow pepper and a tin of coconut milk. It didn't need meat and was very yum (i just had an empty box to bring home). Last night I definitely didn't need another meal. I had a little sandwich made with 2 small slices of wholemeal bread and a slice of cheese. ONe time I would definitely have been hungry enough to eat again. I am assuming this is my new diabetes medication making my insulin work better but I have never been less hungry in 20 years! So as well as feeling much better I might lose a few pounds!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...