Sunday 4 September 2016

Re-clutter and de-clutter

Jamal has been at home for two weeks. My house looks like an episode of hoarders! However i think even he has had enough of it. So now he has two more weeks at University and then we go on our road trip (headscarves and sunglasses at the ready) to pick him and his junk up from Newcastle. Then we have a refurb week where we dump all his old rubbish and finish bedroom decorations, and I am assuming make a horrendous mess of my whole house with his junk. Then we know if our future is sleekly de-cluttered house or hoarders, the UK edition.

Today I have another box of stuff, and a bag of books to go to the Salvation Army too.  General cleaning might as well wait until after he leaves tomorrow or else it will only need doing again!

The good thing about that is I don't need to do any housework today and I have a clear conscience about it!


2 comments:

  1. I am amazed at how heavy things are when trying to declutter. Especially books. I don't remember them being so heavy when I brought them in to the house. I think they get heavier once inside so that it is hard to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to take them out one at a time the same way that we bring them :)

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...