Tuesday 4 April 2017

Just a quick catch up

Today I worked from home and Fahed cooked all day for the Syrian lunch thing tomorrow. Bless him. He also ramped up the dishes sizes so we had lovely Syrian food today and tomorrow too. Yay!

And he called the hippowaste people to collect the hippo bags and something else which i have forgotten. But I am happy as he forgets so many things. Its the pain in his back i think but also the amount of medication he takes to keep it at bay. After his operation he will wake up alert and unmedicated (in my dreams anyway) and I wont know him.

My son and his girlfriend changed over my sofa for one which is only used by the cats in the conservatory (the cats wont mind), Its so firm and comfortable. Maybe my back will be happy. the old sofa is going and the cats can share with me.

One of the things i was bleating about yesterday with my cryptic bad things sentence was that my nephew went to Saudi Arabia with his wife and two daughters to get away from the fighting in Syria, about two years ago. The mum and kids were hit by a car when walking and both kids were in comas as far as I can tell. He sent videos of each of them which he took yesterday. Oh my good god, it shook me to the core. A four year old and 12 year old, just empty husks now. The person who hit them is taking full responsibility and paying for all medical care and even provided a flat for the family. They asked us for any ideas of where to get any better medical care. I cant find anything useful on the web. However a doctor friend is going to call me tonight to talk about it and see if he can steer me in the right direction. So much kindness in the world but the nasty stuff is weighing heavy on me at the moment.

Just live every moment to the full as it could go in moments.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Lizzie, what a tragedy for the family. I really hope the kids pull through and make it out of their comas. I cannot imagine what is going through the minds of your nephew and his wife, seeing their children like that, after all they went through to leave Syria. Prayers to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps. Kudos to all of you in your efforts to fund raise.

      Delete
    2. Thanks MW. I have seen recent video and come not the right word, must still very serious problems. Neither can speak but the older one smiles beautifully as she hears her baba's voice. So something is still going on inside. Heartbreaking xx

      Delete
  2. That is so horrible. It is so true that out lives change or end in an instant but so hard to appreciate it every day. I hope you can find some medical care for them. I can't even imagine what they are going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daizy. It is the relentlessness of it , you re right. Endless. Poor dears and I feel so helpless to help. A doctor friend tells me that cerebral palsy paediatrician would be useful at the stage as the post accident symptoms mimic that conditions, so I have passed on that information at least.

      Delete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...