Tuesday 8 January 2019

2019 plans

So i had a look at where we are with my 'balance sheet' side of things. Well its all good except I am 56 and still have £165,000 left on my mortgage. I have only been overpaying a small amount lately as I am trying to get the place in order and also crack on with the old house. So whilst my balance sheet looks pretty good my profit and loss account isnt so great. We are being pretty frugal I think in order to get the mortgage paid and the rental house sorted before I retire, hopefully in 4 years.

So we shall continue to be our usual fairly frugal selves going into 2019. A good thing in our favour is we dont buy 'stuff' really. Or go shopping except when we need something. We never walk around the shops unless we are looking for a specific item. And we don't eat out much. Well I don't but Fahed has been lunching with dad a couple of times a week as my dad seems to enjoy it.

Also we are fortunate that Fahed and the kids are able to do 90% of the home maintenance. This Christmas Fahed renewed the upstairs bathroom. New vinyl flooring from the discount warehouse, new toilet from work (they sold off some new but unwanted stuff, like windows, baths and of course toilets), basin from ebay, cupboard from ebay and actually the bath also from ebay. A woman had bought it and had it plumbed in wrong but the plumber did it wrong so she was selling it again. The bath tub was apparently £597 new but i paid about £50, although we did have to go collected it in the car which costs maybe another £30 in fuel. Oh and I got a new electric shower for £69, reduced from £150. Its super.

So I cant help noticing these are not 2019 plans at all, its just me rambling. So i suspect i have to do a bit more thinking!

2 comments:

  1. I wish my husband had some redo skills, his are a bust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main problem with Faheds are that he takes forever to get to jobs, but I dont feel I can spend good money doing something he can do. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...