Wednesday 30 January 2019

Where are we now?

Where indeed!

Well dad is doing as well as could be expected I think. I been out in the evening a few of times, for a fitness class (Clubbercise, anyone tried it. Its bonkers but fun) and for some Indian Cookery lessons which I organised with my friend. We managed by going to dad before and after the fitness class, and before the cooking and then lovely Jamal popped down there for a couple of hours as we cooked. Dad seems to cope during the day as he is still shopping, cleaning the house etc, even ironing but the long lonely evenings of winter dont suit him a bit. I think once he can get into his garden to keep busy until early evening it will be better.  He is doing everything at thouse as mum did, like he thinks she will be checking on him. I guess thats why he prefers to stay in the house instead of moving in with either of us. Lucky that we all live close together as it wasn't always like this!

I have been running numbers on my pension to see if I can stop my job early. I think I might have just realised I am mortal. The amount which they say is in the fund seems a lot but if you start to take it early then it doesnt seem like very much at all! I guess i'll just have to suck it up for a few more years yet!

But anyway my idea for retirement was to just do different work, not no work, so might as well keep going at this and maybe start a side job too. We shall see.

ooh and I nearly forgot. Fahed and I were married 30 years last Sunday. 20th Jan. The kids organised a party in my house. It was lovely and i didnt have to cook at all. I knew they were coming round but didnt realise what they were up to. It was very lovely. Someone must have photos but not me!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Great to have a celebration and be spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks for your dad. And for my mom and for everyone who loses a spouse. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...