Sunday 27 October 2019

Autumn has arrived

I can tell as we have had rain pretty much non stop for so many days. And its getting colder.



Part 1:
So obviously thats a great time to have my boiler changed! Which is why on a Saturday morning in late October I am sitting in my conservatory (sitting room is out of action) with no heating, gas, water or electricty. My office, which is aorund the corner of the house form the conservatory but open into it, is so tidy and lovely. I have been chucking stuff out and decluttering all morning. Very enjoyable! But I do need something to make it just a bit lovlier. I have a curtain I might hang over the bathroom door. Its a long and narrow room so i cant really move the furniture around. I dont like the flooring so maybe a rug would help. I have plenty of time to contemplate it as I sit here in the cold and gloom :)

Part 2:
Boiler is in, water is back on, as is gas, power, heating(ah, lovely) and the wifi. I am always appreciative of these luxuries, especially since when we are at the other house the power and water often go off for hours at a time, but i'll be especially grateful today having been without them yesterday.

My old boiler was about 30 years old. Gas Man Adam tells me that the new poiler is 98% efficient so my gas bill should plummet. So good for m y purse, good for the enviroment. I might allow the heating on more often too, so good for the rest of the family too!

I am writing this from the conservatory still. We havent taken all the furntiure back in and cleared up properly yet. Its still not especially warm out here, and this is our largest room, so I am wondering if lining the curtains and remembering to shut them at night might be a good idea. I like to have some indoor projects to do during winter so maybe thats on my list, and also covering the chaors. The old fabric is not my favourite but I have some lovely fabric i brought back from Crete which would work.

We cleared all of the shoes, boots, bags, coats and general clutter form the hallways yesterday to make it easier for the gasmen. It looks so good that we are trying to leave it relatively unlcuttered. I wonder how long that will last!

So today is all about putting furniture and other bits back/away. The sitting room needs a bit of touch up to the painting in the but basically its ok, not much. The fireplace where the old back boiler was is going to be lined and framed off and used to store the sky box, games consules, surround sound and so on.


The wall where the thermostt used to be is now clear of stuff so I plan to put a large miroor there. Oh and Jamal now has a wardrobe, the old airing cupboard but the tank is removed and the boiler is fairly small. I am sure he wont be any more tidy than he was before though.

And Happy Diwali to all




No comments:

Post a Comment

My life

My wonderful husband has died. He was in hospital for some weeks but this was very unexpected. I won’t be reading or writing for the foresee...